Junior Software Developer
We have an opportunity for the right individual as an entry level Software Developer. We are seeking a .NET Developer with experience in VB.NET and C#, for a permanent position in the Galleria Area. This person will be responsible for coding applications, communicating technology designs and decisions and their rationales and ramifications to management, team members, and clients. The right candidate will work well in a small team environment and will be eager to expand their knowledge and programming skills.
Specific job responsibilities may include (but are not limited to)
- Develop applications in accordance to SDLC methodology, industry best practices, and departmental policies and standards.
- Analyze business and functional requirements in order to collaborate with the Applications Architect to propose and
document a technical solutions.
- Create and execute functional integration test plans.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to individual and organizational success
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things and continuously drive process improvement
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Exemplary business ethics, professionalism, and integrity
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, both independently and also as part of a team
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, XP, and TDD.
- Knowledge of and experience setting up and supporting continuous integration.
- Microsoft .NET development platform and related tools, specifically ASP.NET, C#, WPF, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), and SQL Server 2005/2008.
- VB6 support experience using WebClasses and traditional ASP a plus.
- 1-2 years of project experience architecting applications, with the following expertise a plus:
- Excellent team building and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly self-directed.
- Able to multitask given incomplete and conflicting knowledge.
- MVC architecture and related object oriented design patterns.
- ORM technologies such as EF and nHibernate.
- Experience utilizing inversion of control and dependency injection.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS including MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of databases and data modeling is necessary.
- Knowledge of basic system and network administration tasks is necessary.
- Working ability to identify architecturally significant requirements and their ramifications.