business systems analyst
Responsible for analyzing business problems and formulating solutions using software and business process knowledge. Collaborate and gather information with end users to implement improvements which are cost effective and efficient. Oversee the development of features from the scope definition phase all the way through writing requirements, development, QA and customer acceptance. Operates under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment. Job typically requires minimal (if any) level of travel. Business Analyst will report to the General Manager. Compensation structure includes medical benefits and paid vacation/holidays.
Develop requirements and documentation for system features:
- Analyze existing business processes and recommend solution for problems using software, analytical tools and business process knowledge.
- Design user interface and develop requirements for solution.
- Assess the impact of changes to the system and processes.
- Work with programming team during development phase.
- Prepare test cases, test procedures and expected results
- Follow operational processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Client interaction is minimal but could include the following:
- Document System and Client Acceptance Test plans
- Coordinate appropriate client involvement in testing
- Develop training documentation for new, existing and enhanced applications
- Train clients on new and/or enhanced application
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Information Systems.
- 1-2 years Systems Analyst experience preferred
- Desire to work in fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Pays exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and committed individual.