Human Resources Manager
We have an opportunity for the right individual as the Human Resource Manager. This position will be based at the Company’s Headquarters in the Galleria Area. This person will be responsible for the overall management of employee relations and Human Resources policies, programs, and practices. This position will report to the Director of Operations/Chief Operations Officer and will be assisted by a HR/Operations Associate.
Specific job responsibilities may include (but are not limited to)
- Manages staff organization by maintaining existing recruiting/interviewing program, to include the management of employee departures
- Conducts reference checks, new-employee orientations, and exit interviews
- Oversees performance management activities by creating/updating goals by job description, establishing performance management feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and assists in evaluating the competitiveness of these programs. Recommends replacing or enhancing programs by frequently evaluating marketplace options.
- Manage historical human resource records by either maintaining existing record keeping system or establishing a new system
- Support special projects that may develop from senior leadership direction. Ability to identify, analyze, and implement key initiatives as needed to support the organization
- Guides management and employee actions by research, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Provide oversight around health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, and employer/employee compliance tracking.
- Prepare and maintain employee handbook, develops and maintains affirmative action program
- Work with Accounting to ensure payroll deductions related to benefits are correct and will help resolve issues as they arise
- Research and document market salary/compensation for future recruiting efforts and ensure current workforce compensation is competitive
Your attributes include
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to individual and organizational success
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things and continuously drive process improvement
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Exemplary business ethics, professionalism, and integrity especially when handling confidential HR information
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and activities, both independently and also as part of a team
- Requirement: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of Human Resource Experience
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Human Resources
- SHRM Certification
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Highly self-directed
This is a position for the right person willing to learn within a leading commercial real estate firm. We offer excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, F.S.A., H.S.A., 401k and other options. Fischer and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.